Articles of association
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Name)
The association name is "The Korea Entertainment Industry Association" (hereinafter referred to as "association").
Article 2 (Purpose)
The purpose of the association is to contribute to technology development of the entertainment industry by performing academic, scientific, and publication activities related to the entertainment industry, such as entertainment devices and related convergence technology, software, hardware, and embedded technology.
Article 3 (Location)
The headquarters of the association is located in Seoul, and local offices and branches can be established as necessary.
Article 4 (Work)
The association performs the following works to achieve the goal of Article 2.
1. Hold conferences and seminars related to the entertainment industry.
2. Research and study on the entertainment industry.
3. Propose standards and specifications for the entertainment industry
4. Publish magazines, journals, and books for the entertainment industry.
5. International academic and information exchange activities on the entertainment industry.
6. Other works to achieve goals for the entertainment industries
Chapter 2 members
Article 5 (Qualification of members)
Members should agree with the intent of the association and its type and qualifications are as follows.
1. Regular membership: Those who majored in the entertainment industry-related fields or those who have been working for more than two years in the related areas, and is separated by regular members and lifetime members.
2. Associate membership: Those who work in the entertainment industry related fields and have worked for less than two years.
3. Special membership: The entertainment industry-related corporation which contributes to the development of this association.
4. Corporate membership: The corporate body or group which contributes to the development of this association.
5. Honorary membership: Those who have excellent qualities and knowledge and contributed to the development of our association, and this membership should be approved by the board of directors.
Article 6 (Rights and obligations of Members)
Members have to pay the fees, comply with the rules and articles of association regulations of the association, and have the following rights.
1. Regular members have all the rights in accordance with the rules and articles of association.
2. Associate members, special members, corporate members, and honorary members have rights equivalent to regular membership in accordance with the various rules except the right to vote and right to be elected (In case of the organization, rights will be approved by only one person who is designated by the organization).
Article 7 (Subscription and Withdrawal)
1. Those who want to become a become a member of the association should submit the subscription form and pay the prescribed fee.
2. Members can withdraw from the association by expressing the withdrawal intent to the board of directors.
3. The members expelled by the decision of the board of directors can be re-admitted after more than two years.
4. In the case of expulsion or withdrawal, fees will be returned after calculation by month.
Article 8 (Suspension of Membership)
Dues are held for one year from the payment date, membership can be suspended in case of not paying the dues.
Article 9 (Disciplinary action for members)
1. A member with the term of arrearage is two consecutive years or more can be expelled by the decision of the board of directors.
2. A member who acts against the goal of the association or dishonors the association can be expelled by the decision of the board of directors.
Article 10 (Membership dues)
Dues are classified as initiation fee, annual fee, lifetime membership dues, special dues and corporate membership dues, and the amount is determined by the board of directors.
Chapter 3 Executives
Article 11 (Consisting of Executives)
① The association has the following executives.
1. President: 1 person
2. Director: 5 to 20 persons (including the president and vice president
3. Audit: 1 person
② The association has an executive director to handle the works in Article 4 smoothly.
Article 12 (Qualifications of Executives)
Those who are disqualified by a court judgment or other law cannot be an executive of the association.
Article 13 (Term of Executives)
The terms of president, directors and auditors are 3 years with the possibility of reappointment.
Article 14 (Election of Officers
1. The president, directors and auditors should be elected by the general assembly.
2. The vice-president and executive director should be appointed among directors by the president.
3. e In the case of death or vacancy during the term of executives, it will be elected in accordance with Article 1 if the remaining term is one year or more.
Article 15 (Dismissal of Executives)
1. The executive who acts dishonorably on behalf of the association, misprision, and causes serious losses can be recommended for dismissal to the general assembly by a decision of the Board of Directors.
2. The quorum for decision is a majority of attendance of directors and a majority of votes of attended directors, it will be rejected if there is a tie in votes.
Article 16 (Prohibition of Concurrent Position of the Executive Directors)
Executive directors receiving pay from the association should not engage in any other position without the approval of the board of directors.
Article 17 (Term Extension of the Executives)
In the case that the association cannot appoint the next executives because the association cannot hold a general meeting caused by natural disasters and unavoidable circumstances, the terms of current executives can be extended until the appointment of the next executives despite the expiration of the term of executives.
Article 18 (Duties of the President and Directors)
1. The president represents the association, generalizes the work of the association, and becomes a chairman of the general assembly and the board of directors.
2. Directors attend the board of directors, review the decisions regarding the work of the association, performs the duties delegated from the general assembly or the president.
Article 19 (Acting president)
Duties of the president can be delegated to vice-president in case of death or vacancy of the president, and it can be delegated to the designated director by the president in case of death or vacancy of the vice-president.
Article 20 (Duties of the Audit)
The audit will perform the following duties:
1. Activities to audit the property status of the association
2. Activities to inspect the details on the work of the board of directors
3. Correction request by reporting to the general assembly and the board of directors when finding the matter of corruption or illegality in accordance with the audit result of Clause 1 and Clause 2, report to the competent authorities if this is not corrected.
4. Request of convocation of the general assembly or the board of directors for report of Clause 3 when necessary
5. Expression of opinion to the president or general assembly and the board of directors for the matters relating to the operation and works of the general assembly and board of directors or the property of the association
Article 21 (Honorary President)
1. The association can have an honorary president for the development of the association.
2. An hHonorary president is an ex-president, this is an ex officio honorary president.
Article 22 (Senior advisor
1. The association can have senior advisors for the development of the association.
2. The senior advisor should be approved by the board of directors and recommended by the president among the people who have a significant contribution to the association or have abundant knowledge and experience.
Chapter 4 General Assembly
Article 23 (Functions of the General Assembly)
The assembly decides the following:
1. Matters related to the election and dismissal of executives
2. Matters related to the change of the Articles of association
3. Matters related to the work plan and budget changes
4. Important matters such as changes of Articles of association and dissolution of corporation
Article 24 (Convocation of the General Assembly)
① General assembly meeting is divided into extraordinary general meeting and regular general meeting, regular general meeting should be held during the fourth quarter annually.
② Extraordinary general meeting is convened by the president when each of the following are satisfied:
1. When recognized necessity by the president
2. When there is a request of more than one third of registered members
3. When there is a request of more than one third of the board of directors
4. When there is a request of audit in accordance with Article 20
③ When convening general assembly, the purpose of the meeting should be notified at least seven days prior to the meeting.
Article 25 (Resolution of the general assembly)
The general assembly meeting is successfully held by one quarter of eligible members (including the power of attorney submitter) attending, and is decided by the majority of the members present except in the case of matters that are described in the Articles of association. The power of attorney will be recognized as attendance, but voting rights are not granted, and it will be rejected if there is a tie in votes.
Article 26 (Exception reason for resolution of the general assembly)
Members who correspond to each of following cannot participate in the vote:
1. Matters related to the resolution and initiation on the legal lawsuit between members
2. Matters related to the transfer of the property and money, and conflict interests between the association and the member
Chapter 5 Board of Directors
Article 27 (Functions of the board of directors)
The board of the directors deliberate and decide the following matters:
1. Matters belonging to the authority by the articles of association
2. Matters related to work planning and operations
3. Matters related to the execution of operation
4. Matters related to budget and balancing
5. Matters related to the appointment and dismissal of staff
6. Awards, discipline and suspension of membership
7. Approval of honorary member and senior advisor
8. Matters delegated by the general assembly
9. Other important matters related to the activities of the association
Article 28 (Composition of the Board of Directors)
The board of directors consists of the president and directors.
Article 29 (Convening of the Board of Directors)
① The presidents should convene when request of the president or one third or more of the directors occurs or request of audit in accordance with Article 20 is occurs.
② When convening the board of directors, the purpose of the meeting should be notified at least seven days prior to the meeting.
Article 30 (Resolution of the board of directors)
The board of directors meeting is successfully held by the attendance of the majority of eligible directors (including the power of attorney submitter), and is decided by the majority of directors present. It will be rejected if there is a tie in votes.
Article 31 (Exception Reason for Resolution of the Board of Directors)
The director who corresponds to each of following cannot participate in the vote.
1. Matters related to the resolution and initiation on the legal lawsuit between the association and the director
2. Matters related to the transfer of the property and money, and conflict interests between the association and the director
Chapter 6 Secretariat Office
Article 32 (Secretariat)
There can be some employees in the secretariat office to facilitate activities of the association, regulations on the organization and operation of the secretariat is determined separately.
Chapter 7. Finance and Accounting
Article 33 (Revenue)
The finances of the association is funded by followings.
1. Membership dues
2. Support payment
3. Paper publication payment
4. Other income
Article 34 (Fiscal year)
The association follows the fiscal year of the Korean government.
Article 35 (Budget)
The budget of the association is established with the approval of the decision of the board of directors and the general assembly.
Article 36 (Accounting Principles)
The accounting of the association is processed in accordance with the principles of financial accounting by the fact of the occurrence of all financial transactions to accurately understand the financial status and the management result.
Article 37 (Work Plan and Budget)
The association establishes and organizes the management plan and revenue/expenditure budget within 2 months after starting each fiscal year and submits to the competent authorities.
Article 38 (Balancing)
The association establishes and organizes the management results and financial results of the year to date within 2 months after starting each fiscal year and is submitted to the competent authorities.
Article 39 (Remuneration of Executives)
The permanent executive can be provided remuneration through the vote of the board of directors, but unremunerativeness is the principle for the other executives.
Chapter 8 Supplementary Provisions
Article 40 (Revision of the Articles of Association)
If the articles of association requires revision, it is decided in favor of two-thirds of the general assembly and two-thirds of enrolled directors at the board of directors and it should be approved by the competent authorities.
Article 41 (Dissolution of the Corporation)
Dissolution of the association is decided in favor of two-thirds of the enrolled members and it has to be reported to the competent authorities.
Article 42 (Property Reversion of Dissolved Corporation)
The residual property at the time of dissolution of the association will be donated to organizations similar to the objectives of the association or nation or local governments through the resolution of the general assembly.
Article 43 (Written Resolution)
The association can convene the general assembly or the board of directors to propose items and resolve in exceptional cases.
Article 44 (Provision Enactment)
The provisions necessary for the implementation of these articles of association can be decided through a resolution of the board of directors.
Chapter 9 Supplementary provisions
1. (Effective Date) This articles shall come into force from the date of receiving the approval of competent authority.
2. (Applications, etc.) The terms which were not specified in the articles of association comply with the rules for the establishment and supervision of the non-profit corporation belonging to the supervision of the minister of commerce, industry and energy, and belonging commissioners, and the rules for corporations on the civil law.
3. (Originally founded executives) The initial executives of the association are as follows.
1. President: Chang-Seok Oh
2. Vice president: Yong-Hwan Cho
3. Directors: Byeong-Rok Lee, Gwang-Jae Lee, Sang-Young Oh, Mi-Hye Kim, Jae-Hyeok Yang, Dae-Yoon Lee, Hanna Choi, Jun-Seok Lee
4. Audit: Yong-Pal Song